Dental Implants: The Optimal Replacement for Missing Teeth
No matter who you are, everyone wants a beautiful smile! But if you're missing one or more teeth, you probably don't have the smile you want. Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery helps to restore our patients’ smiles to their full beauty. Using dental implants to fill in the gaps, we can help you recover from any problems associated with missing teeth and give you a new, confident smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are solid dental devices used to replace the roots of missing teeth. Typically made from titanium, these prosthetics are rooted into your jawbone. The implants and corresponding abutments are then used to hold crowns which mimic the appearance and function of your natural teeth. By placing implants where you're missing teeth, we help restore your smile to its original appearance.
Dental Implant Incentives
If you’re trying to restore your smile, dental implants have a number of advantages:
- Natural Appearance: Once the crown is in place, your implants won’t look any different than your original teeth. Your smile will once again be natural and beautiful.
- Oral Comfort: Not only do they look natural, your implants won’t feel any different from your other teeth. The alternative to implants is typically dentures or bridges which definitely don't feel natural!
- Durability & Cleanliness: Dental implants are highly durable. Taking care of implants like you take care of your natural teeth is all the same: dentists and oral surgeons recommend daily care including brushing, flossing and rinsing. Showing up for regular dental hygiene appointments is important, too.
- Maintain Neighboring Teeth: Unlike other options to replace missing teeth, neighboring teeth will not be affected or used as anchors for the placement of dental implants.
- Longer-Lasting: When comparing the options to replace missing teeth, many will find that implants are more expensive than a bridge or dentures. In the long run, however, implants will last longer and typically will not require replacement down the road. Insurance providers may or may not cover dental implants, either. Check with your insurance company for more information.
For more information on your tooth replacement options, contact Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery today.