Sometimes we take everyday things for granted, only noticing how important and useful they are when they're threatened or gone. Our teeth, for example. We don't think about how lucky we are to have teeth every time we eat, but if something happens to them we realize very quickly just how valuable they are in our day to day lives. For various reasons, many people end up with a missing tooth (or teeth). Not only can a missing tooth cause embarrassment, but it can also cause difficulties in everyday tasks like eating and talking, as well as lead to long-term health issues. Fortunately there are products, such as dental implants, that offer a great and comparable alternative to the real thing.
Dental implants have a dramatic and positive affect on a patient. It improves not only their appearance and self confidence, but it also improves the patient's overall quality of life.
Unlike other dental procedures, an implant replaces the tooth root, not just the crown. The jaw bone bonds to the implant providing a solid foundation for chewing. The implant looks and feels natural, and is designed to last a lifetime.
Some benefits of Dental Implants are:
- Increased confidence. Many people are self conscious when missing a tooth, but once it’s “fixed,” their confidence and self esteem improves.
- Improved chewing ability. A dental implant serves as the root, making chewing and biting easier. Patients can enjoy their favorite foods again!
- Improved appearance. This simple, single procedure is one of the most dramatic ways to improve a person’s appearance.
- Keep surrounding teeth healthy. The teeth around the “missing” tooth won’t suffer.
- Easy to care for. Implants are permanent and require the same care as your regular teeth.
- Permanent. Dental implants are permanent and designed to last a lifetime.
- Improve long-term health. Dental implants reduce the risk of periodontal disease and other oral infections. They also keep the jaw bone healthy (the jaw bone can actually shrink over time when teeth are missing).
For someone who is missing a tooth – or teeth – dental implants can make a huge difference in their overall quality of life. To learn more or for a consultation to determine if an implant is the right solution for you, contact Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery today.